Test types are test categories designed to verify behavior, or expose an error.
Software development test types include:
Load testing is the practice of modeling the expected usage of a software program by simulating multiple users accessing the system’s services concurrently.
- Load testing may serve different purposes
– Demonstrate that the system meets performance criteria (ex: scalability requirements)
– Compare two systems to find which performs better
– Measure what parts of the system or workload cause the system to perform poorly.
- It is critical to detail performance specifications (requirements) for Load Testing. Ideally, this is done during the requirements development phase of any system development project and prior to any design effort.